[OS] OSSolverService

Kipp Martin Kipp.Martin at ChicagoGSB.edu
Mon Jun 23 13:17:51 EDT 2008

Hi Tejinder:

> I need to access OSSolverService from another application that will
> provide the problem instance in OSIL format.
> How can I do that? . I am creating a user interface for the user to
> feed the problem instance. After problem is fed, the GUI will create
> OSIL instance. So, how can I access the solver service?

So I am assuming you have the OSiL instance created?  If the
OSSolverService is on the same machine then you can do something like

OSSolverService -osil fileName

You can also link the application to the OSlib and build a model using
the OSInstance API. Have you looked at the examples in OS/examples.  See
for example OS/examples/instanceGenerator.

The users manual in OS/doc also has lots of examples.

> I would appreciate any suggestions. I also want to know what makes
> OSIL different from LPFML schema. Wasn't LPFML schema good enough?

OSiL is much broader. It has been extended to include for example
nonlinear and stochastic programming.

Cheers,

--
Kipp Martin