[OS] CPLEX Error 1017: Not available for mixed-integer programs.

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Mon Feb 18 11:30:39 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 08:18 -0800, Joe wrote:
> > Could you file a ticket at projects.coin-or.org/Osi and post your patch
> > there so we don't lose it in the archives?
> As you want. Two lines of error output are generated by CPLEX with
> this patch :
>
> CPLEX Error  1017: Not available for mixed-integer programs.
> CPLEX Error  1017: Not available for mixed-integer programs.
>
> I don't know how to fix this actually (i don't know the cplex lib
> API).

I think it's possible to silence CPLEX, but it's a pain in the <>.

The real solution here is not to call functions that depend on problem
format if the problem is in the wrong format--or to make sure the
problem is in the right format before calling format-dependent
functions.  I think that will require a more extensive rework than the
patch you supplied, but I wanted to make sure we had the patch for the
record.

Thanks.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Mathematical Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs