[OS] OS Ipopt Options

Kipp Martin kipp.martin at chicagogsb.edu
Fri Feb 15 14:26:11 EST 2008

Hi Susana:

 > I would like to know how I can give the ipopt options through the
OSInstace API.

By design, a solver's options are not set through the OSInstance API. In
the design of the OS system there is a complete separation of model
instance with the OSInstance API, solution result with the OSResult API,
and solver options with the OSOption API.

The structure of OS  is:

OSiL (OS instance Language)   <------>  OSInstance object and API
OSrL (OS result Language)   <------>  OSResult object and API
OSoL (OS option Language)   <------>  OSOption object and API

The abstract class DefaultSolver from which all other solver class (e.g.
Ipopt) inherit has

OSInstance *osinstance;
OSResult  *osresult;
//OSOption  *osoption;

members. So the solver options would be set through the osoption object.
However, the OSoL parser and corresponding OSOption class is not yet
implemented in cpp.  I hope to do this sometime this summer.

However, in the meantime you can still give options to Ipopt. In order
to give options to ipopt you need to go into

OS/src/OSSolverInterfaces/OSIpoptSolver.cpp

Starting in line 478 of the current trunk version you will see the method

void IpoptSolver::solve() throw (ErrorClass)

you can edit/change/add any valid Ipopt option in the method.  Then run
make again and the options you set will available in the new Ipopt
library. I realize that this is not a good solution, I just need to find
more time to implement the OSOption class.

Sorry it is not more convenient at this time.

Regards,

--
Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research