[OS] Understanding linearConstraintCoefficients markups

Joe joe.boublack at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 04:01:18 EST 2008

On Feb 12, 8:37 pm, Kipp Martin <Kipp.Mar... at ChicagoGSB.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for your interest.
I have to manage multiple backends (lp_solve, CPLEX, etc) for a
software that need some LP computation. I'm happy to have eventually
found a system that does this work for me.

As a new user, I have some features to request :
 - Add a _minimal_ ommand line help for OSSolverService program ; when
a user type "$ OSSolverService", i would like to to get this kind of
message :
   "Lack of command line arguments ; try --help"
 - Add an advanced command line help for OSSolverService program when
"$ OSSolverService --help" because looking to the 76-pages User's
Manual to find options syntax is slow
 - Add a "--version" command line argument ; "$ OSSolverService --
version" sould give something like :
   "Optimization Services 1.0 (svn release 4579)"
 - In a perfect world, OS Library could be spread as a GPL/LGPL/any
conventional open source licence to ease integration of this service
into any (open source) software

> You should be able to use a simple quote. I just verified. For example,
>
>   <var name='X0' type='I'/>

Hum, this form provoke a crash of OSSolverService. I should mention my
OS version 1.0, moreover I employ binaries for linux x86 from
http://www.coin-or.org/download/binary/OS

$ tr "\"" "'" < lp_solve_ex.osil >lp_solve_ex-simplequote.osil
$ OSSolverService -osil lp_solve_ex-simplequote.osil
ecountered a spurious character in the lexer