[OS] Info on SOA, TOGAF, Virtualisation, SaaS etc.

anil anil.shetty.08 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 00:34:59 EDT 2008

Hi Anaz,

There are several online resources available for these technologies.
Just google for it.
I also suggest that you look up some of the quality books that cover
these technologies in detail, like Melvin Greer's book on The Web
Services and Service Oriented Architecture Revolution. You can
purchase them from Crosswords or the Higginbothams store on M G Road.

I also highly recommend you attend the upcoming Business Technology
Summit - http://www.btsummit.com - that features conference and
workshops on SOA and Web Services, SaaS, Cloud Computing, TOGAF,
Enterprise Content Management and so on. They have most of the main
folks behind these technologies as speakers. My team is attending this
summit from September 23-24 at the NIMHANS convention centre and our
CIO is going from the Mumbai edition on September 26 at the Grand
Hyatt. We have been able to get good discounts. Maybe all those who
are interested from this group can put together a consolidated list
and negotiate with the organisers for a bargain. What say?

There is also an Enterprise Architecture Practitioners Conference
series - http://www.opengroup.org/bangalore2008/. But The Open Group's
Chris Harding is a speaker at the Business Technology Summit.

Thanks,
anil