[Os-project-managers] OSrL problem

Kipp Martin kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
Sat Sep 1 23:12:01 EDT 2012

Hi Gus:

> I'll have to kick this around a bit more. It ought to work, but maybe
> there is a trick somewhere. What about the following scenario: AMPL can
> have a user-defined subscript of type "binary". AMPL can only transfer
> this as an integer, so when sending such info to the solver, it
> translates false to 0 and true to 1 and sends that. And it can only
> accept integer or real values, making internal translations back into
> the original form when necessary.

I am having trouble understanding this. Are you suggesting we send
modeling language dependent parameters to the solver interfaces?

Cheers

--
Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research
kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
http://www.chicagobooth.edu/faculty/bio.aspx?person_id=12825325568
http://projects.coin-or.org/OS

Sent without Blackberry, Droid, iPhone, or any other
wireless device.