[Os-project-managers] OSrL problem

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Sat Sep 1 00:51:48 EDT 2012

Kipp Martin <kmartin at chicagobooth.edu> wrote:

> Hi Gus:
>

>> But there are actually two such methods, suf_iput and suf_rput, for
>> integer and for real valued results. The problem is that we do not
>> record the type, and so in general I would not know which method to use.
>> There ought to be a field "type" in the attribute list of the <other>
>> elements. Do you agree?
>
> Yes, this seems like a good idea.

Done and committed.

I have thought some more. When we write the OSrL file, we *do* know
the type (or at the very least the size) of the elements we pack into
it, so my previous remark may have been from the hip.

I will have to think some more about it.

Cheers

gus

Horand I. Gassmann, Professor

School of Business Administration, Dalhousie University
6100 University Avenue, PO Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4R2
ph. (902) 494-1844
fax (902) 494-1107