[Os-project-managers] ticket 14 - question about programming style

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at DAL.CA
Mon Nov 26 09:45:13 EST 2012

Kipp Martin <kmartin at chicagobooth.edu> wrote:

> Hi Gus:
>
> I don't see a good solution right now.  I think the problem with
> solution 1 is that it makes the code no longer thread safe (I don't
> really understand thread safe, but I do know it important).  I don't
> much about the namespace idea. I did not know this was frowned on.

It's the same issue about thread-safety. <parrot> To implement
singletons in a thread-safe way, you need double-checking locks, and
from what I can tell, those are platform-dependent. </parrot>

Cheers

gus