[Os-project-managers] osilOutput

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Sun Nov 25 08:13:49 EST 2012

Hi guys,

I had a quick look at the alternate versions of OSAmplCLient and
OSSolverService (which are committed as OSAmplClient2 and
OSSolverService2). Most of the work there is no longer relevant, and
they do not compile at the moment, but there is at least one idea that
I consider worth salvaging, namely the command line option -osilOutput.

The idea is to allow users of MPS and .nl files to archive the .nl
file for later use. There are several reasons for this. The most
important one is to allow AML users to submit remote jobs
asynchronously. We are at present not serving this community very
well. It might also encourage others to switch to OSiL format, and it
is useful for debugging if anything should go wrong.

What do you think?

Cheers

gus

Horand I. Gassmann, Professor

Kenneth C. Rowe School of Business, Dalhousie University
6100 University Avenue, PO Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4R2
ph. (902) 494-1844
fax (902) 494-1107