[Os-project-managers] OSrL problem

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at dal.ca
Fri Aug 31 08:33:04 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

I think we may have a problem with the OSrL schema.

I am trying to write code to put stuff back into AMPL. Ipopt, for
instance, returns two arrays ipopt_zL_out and ipopt_zU_out that I want
to return into AMPL. Both arrays are indexed over the variables,and
they are real valued. Presumably they would be returned in the OSrL
file as  <other> elements in <variable> (once we implement that), and
then there is an ASL method that we can put them into.

In OSAmplClient I would therefore go through all the <other> elements
and pull out the names, which I would treat as suffixes for AMPL, and
I would call the ASL method to return them.

But there are actually two such methods, suf_iput and suf_rput, for
integer and for real valued results. The problem is that we do not
record the type, and so in general I would not know which method to
use. There ought to be a field "type" in the attribute list of the
<other> elements. Do you agree?

Cheers

gus