[Os-project-managers] Ticket 50

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Wed Apr 25 07:00:42 EDT 2012

Kipp Martin <kmartin at chicagobooth.edu> wrote:

> Hi Guys:
>
> My honest opinion is that anyone using embedded blanks in a file
> name gets what they deserve. I suppose at some point we may need to
> address this but I vote to put it on the back burner. We enough
> enough to do. I think we should resolve ticket 14 and then do what
> is necessary to finish the OSoL/OSrL paper.  It is inconceivable to
> me that we should contemplate going down this path at this point.

I agree with the prioritization, but I would attach a bit more urgency
to it than "back burner". First, the fix is rather simple. Putting
some more patterns into OSParseosss.l is trivial, and I do not
understand your reluctance in allowing OSAmplClient access to the
command line parser. I simply do not. Sorry.

The other point is that Mike talked about folder names, not file
names, and there the user actually may not have a lot of choice. Under
Windows, for instance, it is quite common to have one's files stored
under the "My Documents" folder, which is generated by the system. I
think it is a bit much to ask the user to change the name or use a
different location just so that OSAmplClient can stay "pure". No
offense, but I definitely think you are misguided on this one.

Cheers

gus