[Os-project-managers] Ticket 50

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at DAL.CA
Tue Apr 24 23:21:00 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

some very preliminary thoughts about ticket 50. Mike Steglich wants to
be able to use files and folders that have embedded spaces. He
proposes to use the form
-osol "folder with spaces/filename"
for this purpose and started to code some patches to OSSolverService
that would allow him to strip the quotes at the right time. (Other
file types would be handled analagously.)

My take on this is that if we allow it, we must allow it everywhere,
that is, in the config file, the osol file, the interactive shell, the
OSSolverService command line, and the OSAmplClient. I do not like
Mike's patches, and he admits himself that they do not always work. My
preferred approach would be to add further patterns to the command
line parser OSParseosss.l, (and to let OSAmplClient use the same
command line parser!!!)

Cheers

gus

Horand I. Gassmann, Professor

School of Business Administration, Dalhousie University
6100 University Avenue, PO Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4R2
ph. (902) 494-1844
fax (902) 494-1107