[Os-project-managers] phone meeting

R. Kipp Martin kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
Thu May 19 20:16:07 EDT 2011

Hi Gus:

> I do not know how well this scales. You will have to match variables by
> their name, which is probably time consuming, and what if you do not
> have names?

I actually assume they are in matrix order and don't use the names. I am
not too worried about scaling in Option files.

> I would have thought that the following should work better:
>
> <variables numberOfOtherOptions="1">
> <other numberVar="..." name="cost" solver="routeSolver" type="double">
> <var idx="0" name="H01a.H02a" value="100"/>

Yes, I have also done similar to the above in another application.  Yet
another option (no pun intended) is to point to a data file and that
also works well.

             <solverOption name="input_file_path" solver="bcp"
                 type="string" value="../../../../../../../data/"/>

I think that we can handle arrays without additional machinery.

cheers

--
Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research