[Os-project-managers] SMPS/Stochastic extensions

R. Kipp Martin kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
Sat Jun 11 06:24:11 EDT 2011

Hi Gus:

> I think it is absolutely essential that we have an SMPS parser. There
> are just too many problems in SMPS format out there; if we want people

Unfortunately, I agree, which means more work. It would be nice if Smi
worked. Are you going to write Alan about the problems? Since CoinUtils
has an MPS reader, it seems like the Smi SMPS reader should actually be
there, but of course that is not for us to decide.

> Having a decomposition solver along with a deterministic equivalent
> would be a huge plus. And it would obviously be useful if we can
> leverage existing code.

It is also a great opportunity to use OS in a distributed fashion.

Cheers

--
Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research