[Os-project-managers] interactive shell

Kipp Martin kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
Wed Dec 21 21:21:05 EST 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: interactive shell
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 17:56:25 -0400
From: Horand Gassmann <Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca>
To: Kipp Martin <kipp.martin at chicagogsb.edu>

Hi Kipp,

I have thought about it some, and I think we can get away with three
arrays. I propose to use commandArray and optionArray in much the same
way as now, except that commandArray is going to have only six
entries, corresponding to the six service methods. The optionArray
corresponds to the  command line options. A third array corresponds to
what I would call actionItems, help, version, reset, quit, exit,
printModel, printRow. These are items that are acted upon right away,
without going to InvokeServiceMethod. Items in the optionArray are
added to the command line, and when a commandArray item is
encountered, we add the appropriate serviceMethod to the command line
and call InvokeServiceMethod.

PrintRow needs an argument, but that is easy to elicit. We can
duplicate the code from the optionArray items.

I have also thought some more about the order in which we process the
instance files and now think that nonproprietary formats (OSiL, MPS)
should be processed prior to the proprietary items. Inside
OSAmplClient I can see someone wanting to specify

options OSAmplClient_options "osil parincLinear.osil"

or

options OSAmplClient_options "mps parincLinear.mps"

but I have a bit of difficulty seeing someone wanting to say

options OSAmplClient_options "gamsDat parincLinear.dat"

Cheers

gus

Horand I. Gassmann, Professor

School of Business Administration, Dalhousie University
6100 University Avenue, PO Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4R2
ph. (902) 494-1844
fax (902) 494-1107