[Os-project-managers] Fork in the Road

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Sat Dec 3 11:18:29 EST 2011

Hi guys,

Let me add another thought. This whole discussion has been extremely
stimulating, and it has made me realize that there is a fundamental
difference between input and output methods as far as encapsulation is
concerned. We do not have the same problem with the OSoL format,
because we can always pass the entire OSoL file down the line. The
server reads its pieces, but it does not have to "decapsulate" the
parts that need to go to the server. You pay the price of a bit of
redundancy, because what the server passes to the solver has
information we know to be useless, but that is trivial. It's the
return path that is hard.

Cheers

gus