[Os-project-managers] OSoL Problem

Kipp Martin kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
Sat Sep 25 02:13:53 EDT 2010

Hi Guys:

I am getting ready to actually implement some large examples in the OS
Dip solver and I realize there are still OSoL issues. For example, lets
say I want to specify variables in a block. Right now, here is how I do it:

<other name="variableBlockSet" solver="Dip" numberOfVar="6"
value="OSDipBlockCoinSolver">
	<var idx="10"/>
	<var idx="11"/>
	<var idx="12"/>
	<var idx="13"/>
	<var idx="14"/>
	<var idx="17"/>
</other>

Well guess what, in my example I would like to index variables 0 -
1,000,000. So it looks like I have to write out a <var> a MILLION
times!!! Argle bargle. Maybe I am missing something? But we don't have a
mult and inc here, correct?

Any suggestions???

This is not good.

Kipp Martin