[Os-project-managers] list of issues

Jun Ma majxuh at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 16 16:39:41 EDT 2010

All,
First, Kipp will check the trac assign list:  (maybe check
https://projects.coin-or.org/OS/wiki/TracTickets) and we will all play with
it.
---------------
Assign-to as Drop-Down List ¶

If the list of possible ticket owners is finite, you can change the
assign-to ticket field from a text input to a drop-down list. This is done
by setting the restrict_owner option of the [ticket] section in trac.ini to
"true". In that case, Trac will use the list of all users who have accessed
the project to populate the drop-down field.

To appear in the dropdown list, a user needs be registered with the project,
i.e. a user session should exist in the database. Such an entry is
automatically created in the database the first time the user submits a
change in the project, for example when editing the user's details in the
Settings page, or simply by authenticating if the user has a login. Also,
the user must have TICKET_MODIFY permissions.

Note: See  Populating Assign To Drop Down on how to add user entries at
database level

Note 2: If you need serious flexibility and aren't afraid of a little plugin
coding of your own, see  FlexibleAssignTo (disclosure: I'm the author)

Note 3: Activating this option may cause some performance degradation, read
more about this in the  Trac performance page.

--------------

Let me know if you have anything to correct or add.
Reply to me, and I will start to create trac issues and assignments.

> 6. Do we need to care much about 64 bit building (windows and linux)?
Kipp will look into the the linux platform and will provide Gus info for the
Linux build. Gus might ask Lou more about windows 64.
Gus will try the 64 bit linux and may be 64 windows. Kipp may get 4/5 builds
for OS 2.2.0 version, before INFORMS.

following are related
> 1. current work of Kipp on Dip and derived issues, maybe mainly the
> OSModification (like when to start).
> 14. The OSResult object. What do we do when we call solve more than once.
> 16.  Related to 1 -- do we incorporate Dip into OS? and you will see that
> things have changed.
Kipp is still working on it and will experiment and change some internal OS
implementation (getting OS pointers, e.g. obj coef into the solver pointer).
Need to think about OSModification not just on OSiL, but also OSrL./OSoL
Might be a good idea to work on OSrL first, as it is relatively easier.
Jun will do some experiment with modification is OSrL/OSoL.
In the short run, will wait for Dip solver to get more stable till we merge
in the Dip interface.

> 13. Writing to standard out -- see Stefan's concerns.
think of this issue as different from OSiL
It's hard one and related with ticket 14.
Kipp is thinking about. addressing it early with a relatively high priority.
Kipp also brought up the issue that 2 new users have signed up with issues
related with getting basic variables from OSrL, which we haven't implmented.
Kipp wil forward their emails and Gus and Jun will look into the issue why
they don't get OS user email notification.
We will take care of it at a later.

> 2. semicontinuous and semiinteger variable types, and documentation of
> definitions?
put it in as a ticket, implement it in the OSgL code and documentation. of
definition in OSgL and user manual.
related with
> 10. Moving of common data structure to OSgL, especially some of those from
> OSoL/OSrL; at least need to go through thoroughly again both in schema and
> in the code.
Gus will take a general look.
go through osgl, clean up osgl, and validate that the related schemas e.g.
osil, osol, osrl are still correct.
OSDataSturcture will go away and will be in OSGeneral

> 3. Finalization on Matrices, mainly linear matrix and expression. There
> could be still some extra in general and constant matrices.
will log as low priority ticket for now
> 4. Cone programming and cones, given that Imre is not actively working on
> this anymore?
will log as low priority ticket for now
> 12. Do we still need to discuss bi-level programming?
will log as low priority ticket for now

> 8. Jun's work on OSaL/OSRegistry?
Jun will do separately

> 5. Do we still have issues with SOS?
We need to go through the schema at least once.
Then we will start to talk about implementation.
Jun will start to take a look at it and generate the some issues/questions
and we will complete it through  exchange emails.

> 9. numberOfxxx in OSiL's LinearConstraintCoefficients? Also need some
> definite jurisdiction on relationship between mult/incr and the
> corresponding numberOfxxx attribute.
This is a 3.0 issue. Let's put it as the lowest priority.
9.1 should we make numberOfxxx mandatory.
9.2 what does numberOfxxx refer to when there there is mult and incr.

> 7. Naming of other "categories", mainly in OSoL.
This also has much to do with the Dip implementation.
https://projects.coin-or.org/OS/browser/trunk/OS/data/osolFiles/spl1.osol
Jun Ma study it and generate some thoughts.
How generic or specific (initialCol)  do we want these "other" options to be
Gus suggested that this is also similar to SP and the same kind mechanism at
heart and there could be synergies.

> 11. Moreover, we need to keep on thinking and refining our OSConstituion.
Jun Ma will create the wikipage.

> 15. A report by Kipp on the status of OS examples -- do an svn update
talked. Kipp will get it working and adopt some of Gus' suggestions.
Kipp will send an email.