[Os-project-managers] Consent agenda item: Basis status

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Thu Oct 7 11:31:17 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

I think we agreed that the basis status should be stored through an
array of index vectors, one for each basis status, and that the
different status values should be

basic
atLower
atUpper
isFree
superbasic
unknown

I would like to propose that the index vector be stored as an
IntVector and not a NonNegativeIntVector as in the present draft. The
reason is the handling of objective rows. They can have a basis
status, but their index values are negative. It seems too cumbersome
to have to create both a BasisStatus and an ObjectiveBasisStatus type
just for this distinction. I propose that we verify the sign
restriction on the indices in code and document in the schema via
annotation.

Agree/Disagree?

Thanks

gus