[Os-project-managers] Yet another OSoL problem

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Sun Oct 3 06:56:06 EDT 2010

Kipp Martin <kmartin at chicagobooth.edu> wrote:

> Hi Guys:
>
> I am still doing some work on the OS-Dip interface and found yet another
>    inadequacy with OSoL. I in the <optimization> element, under the element
>
> <solverOptions numberOfSolverOptions="xxx">
>
> I would like to provide an option that consists of a number of values in
> a nonnegative vector but we don't provide this capability, correct?
>
> In OSrL we have
>
> <otherSolutionResult name="xxx" numberOfItems="xxx">
>
> Seems like we need a similar thing for OSoL.

It would be an easy thing to add this to OSoL: Add an _optional_
attribute "numberOfItems" and an optional array of <item> children to
<solverOption>. The reason why I want to make the "numberOfItems"
optional is that the vast majority of use cases ((!)) will not have an
<item> list.