[Os-project-managers] Question about OSxLParserdata, OSInstance, OSOption

Jun Ma majxuh at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 22 01:26:14 EST 2010

Gus,
Here is one major point not to be missed that I want to make after reading
all the previous emails on this:
OSInstance is necessary to have a correspondingly binding structure to OSiL
Schema, because all along we have TWO big sides to balance
a) as a standard datastructure that can serve as a good candidate to further
interface with any solver and that is robust enough to be an extensible
design
b) given that certain performance issue becomes extremely critical, the
design doesn't need to be "clean" and "nice". e.g. we will think about using
array

Our goal of "extensibility"  and "compatibility" is, if you think about it,
is what's the original intent and our major and unique selling point.
If fact the goal is so big -- extensible to all optimization types and
compatible (easily through drivers) with all the  solver -- that we HAVE to
weigh mostly on a)
Originally we thought it was always a) but as we gained more experience, we
do think giving our way to the b) side is necessary from time to time.

Given the above comment, I believe, there is no major flaw in OS Framework
and Standards and the corresponding implementations.
Hope this helps.

Jun