[Os-project-managers] Question about OSxLParserdata, OSInstance, OSOption

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Mon Dec 20 20:46:21 EST 2010

Hi guys,

I probably should have asked this long ago, but I never really took
everything on board and then I forgot.

Only today do I realize (again) that there is quite a difference in
the things that are being stored in OSInstance and OSOption.
OSInstance stores the entire instance into arrays and things and then
duplicates everything into the OSInstance object. This seems wasteful
to me, so I have in the OSoL parser been far more conservative and
stored _nothing_ into m_mi... things. I store stuff into
OSoLParserdata temporarily, and then copy them into the OSOption
instance, upon which I will free the temporary storage in
OSoLParserdata. OSResult and OSrLParserdata do things that way, too,
and maybe that is where I picked up my habits.

I hope I am respecting the constitution. (I have not found anything
about it in the statutes, so I am not sure.)

Cheers

gus