[Multifario] new version

Michael E Henderson mhender at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 23 09:41:50 EDT 2006

Time has been short for me recently, but I put out a cleaned up version of
multifario a few weeks ago. Most of the changes should be invisbile.

The main additions are :
     Doxygen reference documentation
(http://www.coin-or.org/multifario/doxygen/index.html)

     "Error Handlers" , which are passed as the last argument to calls.
          This replaces the MFError subroutines, and allows you to change
the error handler without linkning against different code for MFError.c

     Vector and Matrix "factories" for manifolds.
           It was always a bit of a pain to use a manifold which requires
a particular representation of a vector. Now instead of directly calling
MFCreateVector for the
           proper type, the factories MFIMFVectorFactory and
MFIMFMatrixFactory routines will return a fresh vector or matrix of the
correct type. Again, see the examples.

     Some support for AUTO. See the examples (now in an "example"
subdirectory) for use. It's pretty easy.

     Parameters to the continuation methods have been rationalized. There
are now routines "SetIntegerParameter" and "SetRealParameter" that allow
parameters to be set by name.

I had hoped to be able to anounce a version which fully supported AUTO,
but not quite yet. There is now a "Continuation Algorithm" called

MFContinuationMethod MFCreateAUTOsMethod (  MFErrorHandler  e  );

This actually calls AUTO to do the continuation. It only works on
manifolds of type "MFAUTOBVP". The continuation method

MFContinuationMethod MFCreateHendersonsMethod (  MFErrorHandler  e  ) ;

also handles this type of manifold, and will be the way that allows AUTOs
solvers to be used in multiple parameter continuations.

There is still some testing to be done, and somehow I've broken the branch
switching for everything. I think this was in the "cleanup", and do have
an old version that I can use to narrow the search. Just haven't had time.

Mike
Mathematical Sciences, TJ Watson Research Center
mhender at watson.ibm.com
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/h/henderson/
http://www.coin-or.org/multifario/