[Multifario] Doxygen Docs and first offical release coming up

Michael E Henderson mhender at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 28 09:55:30 EDT 2006

I've started experimenting with Doxygen as a way of creating reference
documentation on multifario. Your comments are welcome, a first, not
complete pass, can be found at

     http://www.coin-or.org/multifario/doxygen/index.html

This is in preparation of a major cleanup and reorganization, including a
complete interface to the version of AUTO recently release at

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/auto2000/

If you have comments, suggestions, or requests, please either

  1) post here
  2) Use the Trak system at  https://projects.coin-or.org/multifario
  3) email me directly at mhender at us.ibm.com

Some of the things I have on my list are:

   A generalization of the IMFFlow object to deal with parameterized
flows.
   Constructors for manifolds related to dynamical systems analysis, like
              Create a manifold of fixed points from an IMFFlow, which
would allow a choice of parameters from those defined in the flow (AUTO's
par and icp arrays)
              Create a manifold of periodic/heteroclinic/homoclinic/...
motions from an IMFFlow.
              A way to define manifolds of "special trajectories" from a
flow. Like those in the twisted rod problem, where the flow defines the
ODE, and arbitrary boundary conditions can be added.
    AUTO as an integrator (Sebius's trick of continuing in the length of a
trajectory) for the fat trajectory calculations.

Thanks,

Mike
Mathematical Sciences, TJ Watson Research Center
mhender at watson.ibm.com
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/h/henderson/
http://www.coin-or.org/multifario/