[LaGO] problem installing GAMSlinks

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 3 11:41:30 EDT 2009

Hi,

I do not think that LaGO would work on Windows and it would take a lot
of effort to get it working on this platform. Also using the VIS
libraries from the GAMSlinks project is very tricky due to its dependencies.
If you want to stick to Windows, I suggest you have a look at the
Couenne project as a solver for nonconvex MINLP. The next Gams release
will also bring an (experimental) link from Gams to Couenne.

> In this case you need to change the compiler flags that are used when
> COIN-OR packages are compiled:
>    ADD_CXXFLAGS="-nologo -EHsc -GR"
>    DBG_CXXFLAGS=" "
>    OPT_CXXFLAGS="-O2 -DNDEBUG"
> ----
> I just couldn't figure out where should i set this values. I don't understand how to change the compiler flags.

You would give these flags to configure as well:
./configure ADD_CXXFLAGS="-nologo -EHsc -GR" DBG_CXXFLAGS=""
OPT_CXXFLAGS="-O2 -DNDEBUG"

Stefan