[Ipopt] Stochastic lbfgs

Stefan Vigerske svigerske at gams.com
Fri Sep 4 06:17:30 EDT 2020

Hi,

the silence may mean that there are no plans.

There is an implementation of L-BFGS for Hessian approximation in the
class LimMemQuasiNewtonUpdater:
https://coin-or.github.io/Ipopt/classIpopt_1_1LimMemQuasiNewtonUpdater.html
This is derived from HessianUpdater
(https://coin-or.github.io/Ipopt/classIpopt_1_1HessianUpdater.html), so
if one were to implement another Hessian approximation, then this should
be derived from HessianUpdater, too, and
AlgorithmBuilder::BuildHessianUpdater
(https://coin-or.github.io/Ipopt/classIpopt_1_1AlgorithmBuilder.html#a4646cc682cbb462505b2dafd3971ef2d)
should be extended to possibly instantiate the new class.

Stefan