[Ipopt] Precompiled MATLAB Mex Files for R2020a

Anil Rao anilvrao at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:24:54 EDT 2020

All,

I have posted this question before, but I am posting it again because of the ongoing issues using IPOPT with MATLAB R2020a.

I am using the precompiled mex files that were compiled by Enrico Bertolazzi.  The mex files (Mac, Linux, and Windows) work just fine through MATLAB R2019b.  Starting with R2020a, the Windows mex file produces an error with the shared libraries.  This error is as follows:

Invalid MEX-file 'D:\Documents\PhD\GPOPS-II\nlp\ipopt\ipopt.mexw64': A dynamic link library (DLL)
initialization routine failed.

In addition, the Mac OS version of the precompiled mex file does not allow for a CTRL-C abort of a process from MATLAB.  If one executes CTRL-C, IPOPT continues to run.  Finally, I have not tried the Linux mex file yet with R2020a.

I would like to know if anyone has been able to compile the IPOPT mex files for R2020a.  I note that one suggestion provided earlier was to use OPTI Toolbox, but OPTI Toolbox development has now ceased.  In any case, the IPOPT mex files provided with the last version of OPTI Toolbox do not work with R2020a.

I am grateful for any help that can be provided.

Regards,

Anil Rao

----
Anil V. Rao