[Ipopt] GitHub discussions to replace mailing list

Stefan Vigerske svigerske at gams.com
Sun Dec 20 23:32:51 EST 2020

Hi,

GitHub Discussions has been enabled for the Ipopt project:
https://github.com/coin-or/Ipopt/discussions

Discussions work similar to issues, but are targeted towards the purpose
of mailing lists. GitHub phrases this as "This a place to connect with
other members of our community on topics not suited for opening an
Issue. We hope that you:
- Ask questions you're wondering about.
- Share ideas.
- Engage with other community members.
- Welcome others and are open-minded."

COIN-OR plans to discontinue the mailing lists that are hosted on the
COIN-OR server in favor of moving everything to GitHub discussions. It
hasn't been decided yet when the mailing list will be closed.
supposed to be preserved.

A GitHub account will be required to write in discussions.
To be notified about activity in discussions, you can watch the project
on GitHub: Load https://github.com/coin-or/Ipopt in your web browser,
click on "Watch" in the top-right corner, click on "Custom", tick
"Discussions".
At the same place, you can also enable to be notified about releases.
I'll stop posting Ipopt release notifications to this list.

Best,