[Ipopt] Warm starting IPOPT with the solution of the optimization problem

Stefan Vigerske svigerske at gams.com
Mon Apr 27 06:18:39 EDT 2020

Hi,

Ipopt is an interior-point solver, but solutions are usually not on the
interior. So if you start it from a solution point, Ipopt will first
walk into the interior and then back to a solution. Changing the initial
value for the Barrier parameter mu may make this less severe.

Also Ipopt moves a given starting point away from the bounds at the
beginning. There are some options to change that, too.

Stefan