[Ipopt] Octave MEX interface on containerized macOS

Ray Zimmerman rz10 at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 21 12:56:15 EST 2019

Thanks Ted. This is helpful.

FYI, when I tried using coinbrew to install from source, I got an error due to macOS bash being older than required. So I believe bash needs to be added to the brew installs listed here <https://coin-or.github.io/user_introduction.html#os-x-1> that should be done before running coinbrew.

I’m able to build IPOPT from source now, both 3.13 (which I discovered no longer includes the files to build the Matlab interface) and 3.12 (which does). My (hopefully last) remaining roadblock is collecting the correct include and lib options to use to make the MEX interface.

The Makefile I used to build successfully with Homebrew installed ipopt has the following lines …

INCL = `pkg-config --cflags ipopt` -I`mkoctfile -p OCTINCLUDEDIR`
LIBS = `pkg-config --libs ipopt`

And pkg-config complains that "Package ipopt was not found in the pkg-config search path."
Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to modify them for an installation of IPOPT that was built from source?

Thanks,

    Ray