[Ipopt] Suggestions for Dealing with Ill-Conditioned Problem

Gabriel Patron patrongabriel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 16:07:42 EDT 2019

Dear all,

I'm currently trying to solve a large problem using the ma97 ipopt routine.
However, even before the first iteration, I receive the message:

Error return from ma97_factor. Error flag =  -7
 Matrix found to be singular

I believe this is because my problem is ill-conditioned. I've checked the
model for errors so it seems that it is inherently very ill-conditioned.

I was wondering which IPOPT options I could use to help me solve this
problem.

Regards,

Gabriel