[Ipopt] Problem installing on a mac

Angelos Tsoukalas at60 at aub.edu.lb
Wed Oct 3 11:37:20 EDT 2018

Hi,

I am trying to install IPOPT on a MAC without success. I have obtained boost, Lapack and HSL.
Running configure gives the following error:

checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking for gfortran... gfortran
checking whether the Fortran compiler works... yes
checking for Fortran compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are cross compiling... configure: error: in `/Users/angelos/Ipopt-3.2.1/build/ThirdParty/HSL':
configure: error: cannot run Fortran compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details
configure: error: /bin/sh '../../../ThirdParty/HSL/configure' failed for ThirdParty/HSL

I get a similar error if I run the configure script in the HSL folder.

Any help would be appreciated. gfortran is installed on the system.

Best,

Angelos