[Ipopt] Hessian, gradient, and objective function have common terms

R zu rzu512 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:15:19 EST 2018

 The difficulty is in programming. But here is an example.

Example objective function f:

f(vector x) = g(vector x)h(vector x)

where:
               N    N
g(vector x) = Sum  sum c_n c_m x_n
              n=1  m=1
h(vetor x) = Sum c_n c_m x_n
             n=1

Gradient calculated by product rule:

f ' (x) = g ' (x) h(x) + g(x) + h' (x)

The function g(x) and h(x) are common between f and f '.