[Ipopt] Infeasible problem detected during optimization

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Wed May 2 05:58:10 EDT 2018

Hi,

I would guess that Ipopt claims infeasibility if it gets to point where
it cannot find any direction that decreases feasibility.
Restarting Ipopt from a solution close to the variable bounds results in
moving that initial point, so Ipopt would not start from the locally
infeasible point in your restart. Also the Barrier parameter mu is reset
when restarting, so Ipopt when restarted is likely to behave differently
than when it got stuck.

Stefan