[Ipopt] TOO FEW DOF error

Hisham Abdulla hishamopfem at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:04:51 EDT 2018

Hello,

When I run Ipopt with derivative_test, I get the following outputs.

*      Number of nonzeros in equality constraint Jacobian...:      640*

*      Exception of type: TOO_FEW_DOF in file "IpIpoptApplication.cpp" at
line 894:      Exception message: status != TOO_FEW_DEGREES_OF_FREEDOM
evaluated false: Too few degrees of freedom (rethrown)!      EXIT: Problem
has too few degrees of freedom.*

When I run my problem without derivative test,  the following are the
ouputs.

     * Number of nonzeros in equality constraint Jacobian...:      320*

*      EXIT: Converged to a point of local infeasibility. Problem may be
infeasible.*

What does this indicate?  My problem surely is feasible. Are my constraints
wrong?  Why the non-zeros in constraints Jacobian are different in two
outputs?

Thank you

Hisham