[Ipopt] TOO FEW DOF error

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Mon Aug 20 09:01:43 EDT 2018

Hi,

I don't see how the number of constraints would double when enabling the
derivative test. There must be more changes than the setting of the
derivative_test option. It seems that somehow the number of constraints
doubled, which will then look to Ipopt as if your problem is
overdetermined, that is, there are more equations than variables. This
results in the TOO_FEW_DOF exception.

Stefan