[Ipopt] Termination conditions

Chunhua Men chhmen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 16:19:04 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I have difficulty to let IPOPT terminate as I like, and I don't know which
termination condition is not met. I set the termination parameters very
loose (ie, big values for "tol",  "constr_viol_tol", "dual_inf_tol",
'compl_inf_tol"), I checked output file, and I also printed out the data
from "intermediate_callback", and all look good for me  (all conditions
were met), but IPOPT would not stop until "inf_pr" and "inf_du" were very
small ( ~1e-4).

Is there anyway for me to know why IPOPT does not terminate for each
iteration? ie, which terminate condition is not met for each iteration?

Thanks!