[Ipopt] Ipopt parallelism

Anthony D. Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Sun Feb 12 04:06:41 EST 2017

MKL and openblas also look at OMP_NUM_THREADS. Do you know which library
you're actually using?

On Feb 12, 2017 1:04 AM, <gio.srt at gmail.com> wrote:

Ok, setting OMP_NUM_THREADS=1 outside Python did the trick, instead
MLK_NUM_THREADS didn’t work. This is a bit strange, because OMP acts with
MA86, MA97, and Pardiso while MLK acts with Blas.
Since Ipopt says during runtime that it is using ma27, I’m a bit confused.
Not sure whether it is a bug or I’m just missing something.
Anyway, now it works as intended, thanks for your help!

Giorgio

On 12 Feb 2017, at 15:51, Anthony D. Kelman <kelman at berkeley.edu> wrote:

Try setting them outside of python. If you've already imported the library
it might be too late for the environment variable to make a difference.