[Ipopt] how to select non linear solver

Herzog Raoul Raoul.Herzog at heig-vd.ch
Mon Dec 18 17:16:41 EST 2017

Hi,

The linear solvers (MUMPS, MA57, etc) are only involved in the search of the "Newton" direction, not in the subsequent line search.
The choice of the linear solver mostly affects computation time, e.g. if the Hessian matrix is sparse, in some (rare) cases the choice of the linear solver may also affect convergence.

--raoul