[Ipopt] Performance issues on Linux

Peter Listov plistov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 07:07:52 EDT 2016

Hello IPOPT community,

I am on Ubuntu 14.04 using precompiled binaries of IPOPT 3.12.3 that come
with CasADi package. I observed that changing linear algebra solver in
IPOPT to HSL maXX family does not bring any effect on performance. Whereas
the very same code built on MAC OS 10.11 runs 2-3 times faster with 'ma97'
than with 'mumps' linear solver. I should say the two computers are
physically different but both have Intel Core i7 2.8GHz on them.

Changing OMP_NUM_THREADS seems to be bringing no effect, as well as
changing compiler optimisation flags for both my code and HSL library. I
suspect that parallelisation might not work properly.

Did anyone encounter similar problems?

Best regards,
Peter