[Ipopt] changing linear solver to ma86 which is not an the option list

Jonathan Hogg jonathan.hogg at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Jun 24 11:22:38 EDT 2016

I'd also comment that changing linear solver shouldn't normally change
the iteration count significantly, but may improve the time per
iteration (to see much difference you probably need to be taking more
than 0.5s/iteration).

Iteration count may be improved by changing the scaling, which is
normally what people see when they use ma57 [scaled by default] rather
than ma27 [doesn't]. (There are a few other settings that may affect
things from the linear solver point of view, mainly around pivoting and
zero detection thresholds, but they're probably best left alone by most
users).

Jonathan.