[Ipopt] Multiple Entries for Triplet matrix format

Christian Wolf ChristianLupus at gmx.de
Fri May 29 08:22:29 EDT 2015

Hello Jon,

as I understand that correctly, if IPOPT detects a position in the
matrix that you mention twice in the row and column vectors of the
triplets it sums up the entries in the value vectors later on.

This might come in hand if you have a well structured problem (eg block
structure) but some entries overlap with other blocks (think of coupling
constraints).

This is how I understand that part of the documentation. If I am
completely wrong please correct me, I am just trying to take advantage
of this special feature in my next optimization problem formulation.

Chrees
Christian