[Ipopt] Help required

Seth Watts watts2 at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 19 13:56:52 EDT 2015

The short answer to your question is, yes, you can set the bounds on the
constraint functions at runtime rather than hard-coding them. I typically
have my C/C++ code read in the bounds from an input file, and these values
are passed into the MyNLP class when it is invoked.

However, as Tony points out, you may find it easier to use one of the
Python wrappers to call IPOPT. I have found pyipopt very easy to use,
especially since I don't consider myself an expert in C/C++. One sets up
the problem in its entirety (handles to objective and constraint functions,
bound values, etc.) and bundles all this information to pass an IPOPT
instance. It should make setting the bounds at runtime as easy as possible.

- Seth