[Ipopt] Convergence issues

Miguel Angel Salazar de Troya salazardetroya at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 16:45:15 EDT 2015

I fixed it partially. The derivative of the p-norm doesn't exist at zero so
I had to be careful with that. I also introduced a scale factor for the
objective function before the penalty term. This way the convergence is
faster and inf_du is more reasonable. The problem is that I'm not able to
reach the same minima I was achieving before, which is better than the one
I have now. If I change that scale factor to a number between 5 and 10, the
inf_du goes nuts again.

salaza11 at illinois.edu