[Ipopt] Created shared objects for Ipopt using the Intel compilers

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 22 02:29:36 EDT 2015

It could get pretty messy to determine exactly where that's coming from. You
should be able to find some evidence in config.log, either in the top-level
build directory or one level down in the Ipopt subfolder, search for
something like "whether to enable shared libraries" or "whether to build
shared libraries." There might be some logic either in one of the
configure.ac, or BuildTools/coin.m4, or libtool files that could be
disabling shared libraries when using the Intel compilers? I don't have a
lot of experience using the Intel compilers but I've used MKL a few times
before and have done more than my share of debugging strange configure/build
issues. It might help if you could upload the config.log and libtool files
(both top-level and under Ipopt subfolder) to somewhere like pastebin or
gist.github.com, so those of us who know what to look for could try skimming
through them.

-Tony