[Ipopt] Matlab Build with -framework Accelerate

Marco Rozgic marco.rozgic at hsu-hh.de
Tue Jan 13 08:14:24 EST 2015

Hi everybody,

I am currently building Ipopt 3.11.9 on MacOS 10.10 with Matlab2014b. I managed to get a working mex file with some effort that I am willing to share. However, afterwards I was trying to build a mex file that incorporates the MacOS blas and lapack, wich are now given by the framework Accelerate and not anymore by the vecLib framework. I used the configure site script and added the following to the configure command:

../configure --enable-matlab-ma57 --with-blas='-framework Accelerate' --with-lapack='-framework Accelerate‘

Afterwards I run

make
make test
make install

All good up to now. I create a mexopt.sh file, edit the SDKs to the newest versions and modify the makefile for the Matlab interface. Now make gives the following error:

Followed by some lapack and blas routines that are not found, e.g.,

 "_dgemm_", referenced from:
      Ipopt::IpBlasDgemm(bool, bool, int, int, int, double, double const*, int, double const*, int, double, double*, int) in libipopt.a(IpBlas.o)
      _ma57td_ in libcoinhsl.a(ma57d.o)
      _ma57rd_ in libcoinhsl.a(ma57d.o)
      _ma57qd_ in libcoinhsl.a(ma57d.o)
      _ma57od_ in libcoinhsl.a(ma57d.o)

So I figure that the Acceleration framework is not passed correctly or included correctly.
Does anybody have an idea how to work around that issue or resolve the problem?

Best,

Marco

--
Dipl.-Math. Marco Rozgic
Department of the Theory of Electrical Engineering at the