[Ipopt] MATLAB interface for IPOPT and AMPL models

victor.zverovich at gmail.com victor.zverovich at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 11:29:08 EST 2015

Dear Gianpaolo,

You can easily do this with the AMPL Matlab API which is freely available
for all AMPL users: http://ampl.com/products/apibeta/

The API allows you to load AMPL model and data files in MATLAB, solve them
with IPOPT or other solver, get the solution, etc. For example:

ampl = AMPL;
ampl.read('diet.mod');
ampl.readData(diet.dat');
ampl.setOption('solver' ,'ipopt');
ampl.solve
ampl.getObjective('total_cost')

As an additional advantage, this will allow you to easily switch to other
solvers if necessary as AMPL is connected to most of them. Also you won't
need to reimplement your model in another system.

P.S. Sending to the mailing list this time =).

HTH,
Victor