[Ipopt] changing linear solver to ma86 which is not an the option list

1252685 at tongji.edu.cn 1252685 at tongji.edu.cn
Sun Dec 20 03:35:03 EST 2015

Hello.
I'm solving some nolinear problem with ipopt,and trying to change the linear solver to improve its efficiency.
And I have tried mumps,ma27 and ma57 so far.But the outcome isn't really satisfying.The solving process with these three linear solvers have almost the same number of iteration steps.I wondering if I have change the linear solver successfully,but the program output says that "this is ipopt version 3.7 stable,runing with linear solver ma57",Can this guarantee that i have changed the linear solver from default mumps to ma57 successfully?
if so,maybe i should change some other linear solvers like HSL_MA86? But the ipopt only have linear solver options like mumps,ma27,ma57.The ma86,ma77 are not in the option list.how can I change the linear solvers to another one like ma86?
can you give me some instructions,or if there is any website or post discussing about it?I'm changing linear solver by dynamically loading some separate DLL. Working on windows,using msvs and intel fortran compiler.

Sorry for my poor English,and thanks in advance!
Best regards,

Dongming Jin