[Ipopt] changing linear solver to ma86 which is not an the option list

1252685 at tongji.edu.cn 1252685 at tongji.edu.cn
Sun Dec 20 22:25:44 EST 2015

Thank you very much for your reply,and I don't have to try other linear solvers.

But I still can't solve my initial problem.How can I reduce the iteration count?

I'm solving an nlp,which has 2 equality constraints,5 inequality constraints and  19 variables with lower and upper bounds.It takes 358 iterations to find the final solution. It's quite unacceptable for such a small question.

And in the program output,I found that the overall_error,constraint_viol and complementary_inf were all smaller than the corresponding tolerance in the 17th iteration except the dual_inf which has the value of 40.00341,and the program took another 341 steps only to reduce the dual_inf.Is there anyway to reduce the iteration count except increasing the tolerance of dual_inf?

Thanks in advance.

Dongming Jin