[Ipopt] Compiling IPOPT for MATLAB R2015a on Yosemite

Anil Rao anilvrao at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 18:05:32 EDT 2015

All,

I am trying to compile the MATLAB interface for IPOPT R2015a using Mac OS-X
Yosemite and I m having some issues.  Please note that I want to compile a
dynamically linked mex file (not a static mex file).  I am using XCode
version 6.4 with gfortran 4.8.  Also, I am using the coinhsl code that
includes all of the Harwell linear solvers.  My configure script is as
follows:

./configure --disable-shared   F77=gfortran FFLAGS="-fexceptions -m64
-fbackslash"   CFLAGS="-fno-common -no-cpp-precomp -fexceptions -arch
x86_64 -m64"   CXXFLAGS="-fno-common -no-cpp-precomp -fexceptions -arch
x86_64 -m64"

I was able to run make --> make install --> make test with no problems and
obtained the following output:

Running unitTests...

Testing AMPL Solver Executable...
    Test passed!
Testing C++ Example...
    Test passed!
Testing C Example...
    Test passed!
Testing Fortran Example...
    Test passed!

I then tried to compile the MATLAB mex file and received the following
error:

    mex:  -framework not a valid option.

    Usage:
      MEX [option1 ... optionN] sourcefile1 [... sourcefileN]
          [objectfile1 ... objectfileN] [libraryfile1 ... libraryfileN]

    Use the -help option for more information, or consult the MATLAB
External Interfaces Guide.

I am grateful if somebody could tell me what I am doing wrong.
Alternatively, if somebody could tell me the steps they followed to obtain
a working mex file, I would be super grateful.

Anil Rao

--
Anil V. Rao, PhD
Associate Professor